Anthem AVM 70 Pre-Amplifier/Processor
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
High Performance Audiophile 15.2 Channel Home Theatre Preamp/Processor
Anthem ARC Genesis Room Correction Technology
Premium 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ DAC With 768kHz Sampling
Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro & IMAX Enhanced Support
The Anthem AVM 70 Audio Visual Preamp/Processor is possibly one of the biggest audio visual bargains currently available. It has 90% of the functionality, connectivity and processing power as Anthem’s flagship for only the price. Not only does it incorporate all the latest surround processing such as IMAX Enhanced, DTS:X Pro and of course Dolby Atmos, but it also has proprietary technology on-board like ARC Genesis room correction for the perfect sound in any room.
About The Anthem AVM 70 Pre-Amplifier/Processor
The Anthem AVM 70 is quite possibly the AV product of 2020. It has an amazing array of features, connections that go on forever, the same understated good looks as the rest of the latest Anthem range and a price that is absolutely spot on. Let’s start with some of the biggest numbers - it has 15.2 channels of output available via either RCA or balanced XLR’s. So that means you have the option to shoehorn 6 Atmos speakers, 9 front & surround speakers and 2 subwoofers into your poor unsuspecting AV room if you so desire. This gives it the ability to handle the most complex object-oriented surround formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro & IMAX Enhanced and being able to handle 2 independent subwoofers means the bass will have no trouble keeping up with all those speakers.
The AVM 70 features a modernised design with high-resolution front panel display, and Anthem's “next generation multi-core DSP”, and an all-new electronics platform that supports the aforementioned 15.2 channels, HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2. There's also a new networking platform with web-based setup and over-the-air updates. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly.
This is what Anthem had to say about the new range. "Each line up has been refreshed with careful thought regarding the features and capabilities that enthusiasts want and need. The new releases are a culmination of the research and learnings from the past five years and make Anthem the ultimate powerhouse of any home theatre or media room." John Bagby, Managing Director, Paradigm Electronics Inc, parent company of Anthem
A Closer Look
Since the AVM 50 and Statement D2 A/V Processors, music lovers and home theatre enthusiasts have coveted Anthem’s premium surround separates. Featuring industry-leading room correction, expert management of the latest audio formats and robust integration, the Anthem is the ultimate nerve centre of any premium home theatre or media room. The AVM 70 is Anthem's new ‘entry level’ AV Processor which is hilarious because it’s so accomplished it would be flagship of anyone else’s range. With upgraded audio circuitry, 2 independent subwoofer outputs and a 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ DAC with 768kHz sampling capability, it represents Anthem’s vision for audio visual excellence.
Object-oriented audio codecs have been updated with support for up to 15.2 channels, as well as built-in streaming support for Apple AirPlay2, Google Chromecast, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect (coming soon) and Roon (coming soon). Video support includes 7 HDMI 2.0 inputs with 2 outputs, plus eARC for seamless integration with smart TVs. Perfect passthrough of Ultra HD signals at up to 18.2 Gbps with Dolby Vision, HDR or Hybrid Log Gamma ensuring optimal presentation of your visual media.
New ARC Genesis Room Correction: Your room has a bigger impact on the sound than any component in your system. Anthem's new ARC Genesis is an easy to use room correction system that gives your sound a huge improvement. ARC takes out all the big peaks to let you hear your home theatre and music soundtracks the way the engineers intended. This new generation of Anthem AV products features the latest version of ARC Genesis Room correction and the redesigned and higher precision calibration microphone. New features include support for both Mac and Windows, new target curve adjustment options including deep bass and high frequencies, improved algorithms and much more. This third generation of Anthem Room Correction software represents a significant leap forward in room correction with the most comprehensive set of features yet. ARC Genesis transforms the audio performance of compatible speakers or electronics while retaining the unique character of any room. Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) software works in tandem with a calibrated microphone to provide astonishing improvements to the sound you hear.
Introducing Anthem Web User Interface: The Anthem Web User Interface is now built into all MRX Receivers and AVM Processors. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly. Power the main or second zone on and off, adjust volume, change audio modes or tweak channel trims for a perfect surround sound experience. The Web UI can also be used to calibrate speaker delays and levels and configure network settings/control options. Source devices can be renamed, simplifying set up by enabling the elimination of unused inputs. Installers can import and export files to make remote management simple and convenient.
Latest Audio & Video Features: New features, capabilities and robust integration position the Anthem AVM Series as the ultimate control centre of premium home theatre and audio. The AVM 70 is designed to offer a breathtaking home theatre experience with the most advanced audio and video processing features.
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced is the only way to experience IMAX’s signature picture, sound and scale in the home, IMAX Enhanced combines digitally remastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies with best-in-class consumer electronics products and streaming platforms
- Dolby Atmos: Sound has never sounded this good. Feel a deeper connection to the stories and music you love with sound that moves all around you with breathtaking realism
- DTS:X Pro: DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new audio experiences in immersion and interactivity. Greater spatial resolution and realism in premium home cinema technology is now possible with DTS:X® Pro technology, which supports up to 32 connected speakers, even from overhead. Experience how truly immersive audio transforms your favourite movies, music and games.
- Dolby Vision: Feel the story’s full emotional impact, bringing your entertainment to life with an ultra-vivid picture, brighter highlights, and darker shadows.
Robust Integration: The Anthem AVM 70 features external control and IP control capabilities for easy customisation and compatibility with third-party integration solutions. It offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices including Control 4, Savant, RTI, Crestron, Elan and more.
Almost Limitless Possibilities: The Anthem AVM 70 features support for as many as 15 speakers and 2 subwoofers to handle the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-oriented audio codecs. Pair an AVM 70 AV Processor with a stack of MCA amplifiers and you’ll achieve a sound that rivals the best commercial cinemas. MCA’s scalability means you can purchase only the channels you need to power your vision of home entertainment. The AVM 70 Processor can manage configurations up to 15.2 channels with ARC Genesis Room Correction ensuring the best possible sound at every seat. And you won’t need to hide your gear from view because Anthem’s modernised design extends to every component in the MCA and AVM lines.
Our Take On The Anthem AVM70 Pre-Amp/Processor
As mentioned above, the Anthem AVM 70 AV processor is a strong contender for the ‘Home Theatre Product Of The Year’ award. It really does offer an astonishing level of accomplishment for the money. Sure, its bigger brother has an extra 2 subwoofer output, a slightly better DAC & ‘upgraded audio circuitry’ according to Anthem. But, we think that every audio visual want, need, hope or desire that enthusiasts have on their wish list will be well and truly ticked off by the AVM 70. And, unlike most other companies, Anthem don’t change their AV products every year. They spent 5 years developing this range to be as future proof as possible and they’ll probably spend 5 years developing the next. So that means you can purchase an Anthem setup now and relax and enjoy your home theatre system and not have to worry about upgrading again for a good long while to come.
The AVM 70 really is a stunning example of what a well designed preamp/processor can offer in 2020 and beyond. It has all the connectivity you could want including an ample 15.2 channels of processing power that allows you to create a home theatre system with up to 6 Atmos channels, 9 front & surround channels, and 2 subwoofers. This lets you reproduce the most complex object-oriented surround formats like Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Pro with ease. Anthem’s ground breaking ARC Genesis room correction software is also available to ensure your system sounds as good as possible no matter what type of room you have, taking outright performance to the next level. As if all this wasn’t enough the AVM 70 looks sophisticated and modern with a clean design that cleverly hides the wealth of possibilities within.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: High performance 15.2 channel home theatre preamp/processor
- All-New Electronics Platform with support for HDMI 2.0b & HDCP 2.2 (HDMI 2.1 (8K) available later via the upgradeable HDMI board)
- Platform Agnostic Streaming with AirPlay2, Google Chromecast (Audio), Bluetooth v4.2, and Spotify Connect (coming soon) and Roon (coming soon)
- Professional calibration system: Anthem ARC Genesis room correction including a redesigned and higher precision calibration microphone
- Reliable Networking Platform with web based setup and over-the-air updates
- Premium 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ DAC with 768kHz sampling
- Support for Dolby Vision, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), BT.2020 Colour Gamut, 4K 50/60 Switching & 4:4:4 Subsampling @ 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
- Support for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, DTS:X Pro, DTS Virtual:X and IMAX Enhanced codecs
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2 & Google Chromecast (audio)
- IP control capability for major third-party control devices including Control 4, Savant, RTI, Crestron, Elan and more.
- MM Phono Stage built-in
- Toroidal Power Supply
- Modernised Design with high resolution front panel display
- Remote Control Included
- 7 x HDMI 2.0b inputs
- 2 x HDMI outputs (1 x eARC) plus independent Zone 2 HDMI output
- 3 x Optical Digital inputs & 1 output
- 2 x Coaxial Digital inputs
- 15 x Assignable Balanced XLR Outputs
- 2 x Balanced XLR subwoofer outputs with phase and distance delay
- 15 x Assignable RCA Outputs
- 2 x RCA subwoofer outputs with phase and distance delay
- 4 x RCA line level inputs
- 1 x Moving magnet phono input for a turntable
- 1 x Front panel headphone output
- 1 x IR Input
- 3 x 12V Triggers
- Ethernet Local area network connection for IP control & Anthem Room Correction
- Wi-Fi Enabled
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Bidirectional RS232 interface for serial control
- Rear USB input for factory servicing
- Detachable power cable – upgrade to an IsoTek power cable here
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 432 x 172 x 445mm
- Weight: 8.62kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE