With ever continuing technical improvements, it was logical to upgrade the original The First to The Second terminated with XLR plugs and featuring fully balanced operation.
After the enormous success of the coaxial interlink The FIRST ®, it was the correct time to also produce a balanced version with Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) conductors. And what would be more logical than to name it: The SECOND ®.
So The SECOND ® was born.
The two centre conductors are made of identical groups of LSC, each containing 12,000 individually insulated fibres.
Besides the undisturbed and very good signal transmission per fibre, the individual insulation also much contributes to the high sound quality: no wild electron crossings between individual conductors subject to all kinds of boundary problems. The electrons move in one direction without side movements.
- The insulation of both centre conductors is made of polyethylene foam in the colours white and brown.
- The special treated artificial filler fibres protect The SECOND ® against penetration of humidity; this keeps the capacitance stable and low.
- The shield is made of 4 layers: two different groups of helically wound dense silver coated OFC strands and 2 LSC saturated layers. This is the best possible shielding available; completely closed against any external signal penetration and with many advantages in the total construction itself.
- The jacket is made of a nice light brown coloured HULLIFLEX ®, the best external insulation material we can think about.
The SECOND ® is available in ready made lengths with Neutrik XLR connectors for balanced applications.
There is practically no limitation to the applicable length of The SECOND ®. We have produced XLR connected The SECOND ® with a length of 25 meters as microphone cable for professional recording applications. Equally, The SECOND ® renders an outstanding resolution and neutrality when used as an electrical instrument cable. Also as a balanced (AES-EBU) digital cable The SECOND ® works perfect.
The SECOND ® is a balanced cable with two separate center groups, each made of 12.000 LSC fibers. Its shield is made of 4 layers: two layers of high quality silver coated copper and two extra layers with LSC saturated foil in direct contact with the two metal layers. The outer jacket again is made of HULLIFLEX ®; a chemically completely inert and impenetrable material without any halogens. Especially as a microphone (or even electrical instrument) cable, The SECOND ® performs outstandingly due to the lack of CCD. The very low signal levels cannot be deformed by any mechanical or chemical defects (as being possible with metals) since LSC doesn’t contain any of these.
- Cable Type: Quadruple screened twin core (Balanced) XLR To XLR Interconnect Lead.
- Conductor Material: Linear Structured Carbon® (LSC) Quadruple Screened Twin Core Conductors.
- Two centre conductors are made of identical groups of LSC, each containing 12,000 individually insulated fibres.
- External Diameter Dimensions: 7.3 mm.
- Resistance Cores: 36 Ohm per/m.
- Capacitance: Core-core: 68 pF/m.
- Insullation: Cores: PE foam; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® / 300 Vrms min.
- Insullation Colour: Light Brown
- Test Voltage: 300 Vrms min.
- Insullation: Outer Jacket: HULLIFLEX.
- Manufacturers Warranty: 5 Years.