A great way to get into a high quality Hybrid speaker cable for a very reasonable price. The Skyline Hybrid combines Oxygen Free Copper & Linear Structured Carbon Conductors for a smooth, natural sound quality.
The Skyline Hybrid is an elegant small twin conductor loudspeaker cable with outstanding qualities. The Skyline Hybrid is a member of van den Hul's AWG 14 twin-lead loudspeaker cable range which consists of The Goldwater, The Clearwater, The Snowline and The Skyline Hybrid.
The Skyline Hybrid is the only Hybrid cable in this range:
Each lead combines 19 high purity Oxygen Free Copper strands with a coating containing our Linear Structured Carbon. This combination of metal and carbon (hybrid technology) has excellent properties when it comes to resolution and neutrality, and therefore is standard applied in all of Van Den Hul's heavier loudspeaker cables.
The Skyline Hybrid has been designed to be less flexible than its above mentioned colleagues, reflecting its aim to be used in more permanent high quality loudspeaker wiring applications.
- The Skyline Hybrid is 8.5 mm. wide and 3.4 mm. thick.
- Each of its two 2.04 mm² conductors exhibit a resistance of 0.84 Ohm/100 m.
- The cable’s jacket is made of sky-blue coloured HULLIFLEX ® 3, a robust halogen free material excellently capable of shielding the copper conductors from the chemically threatening outside world.
- The cable’s sky-blue colour quite accurately represents its sonic character: as clear as a cloudless blue sky.
- The insulation of both conductors has a different shape: one is round and the other has two edges with type printing on the flat surface: the most simple polarity finder you can think off. Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance facilitates cutting of lengths.
In The News
"The Skyline Hybrid is a flexible closely-spaced twin which employs Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) as part of a composite construction that also includes oxygen-free copper fibres in a cable with a 2.0 mm² cross-section. Van den Hul has become associated with the use of non-metallic conductors and hybrids like this one, which are said to behave linearly at very low signal levels where copper generates distortion at its crystal boundaries. The hybrid construction is suggested to address the edginess and other distortion products that, for example, concertina stereo depth imagery. Van den Hul cables usually have a recognisable sound, which is the case here, too. The Skyline Hybrid is softer and gentler, and arguably more organic than most. It is an unusually refined cable by the standards of the price, and many home cinema fans will warm to its full bass."
Features: A soft, gentle and organic sound with a full bass
Home Entertainment, Issue 79
- Material: Hybrid
- Cable Type: Twin Conductor
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ®saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose: Loudspeaker Cable
- Eff conductor: 2x (2.04 mm² / ~AWG 14 / 19)
- External Diameter: 8.5 mm. wide; 3.4 mm. thick
- Jacket Colour: Sky Blue
- Resistance: 0.84 Ohm/100 m.
- Capacitance: 46 pF/m.
- Insulation: Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 3 / 300 Vrms min.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
- Conditions: If the product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, Audio Trends will supply a new replacement product and pay for all shipping costs. Thereafter, we will repair or supply replacement but buyer responsible for shipping costs back to Audio Trends or service agent. For a period of 12 months from date of purchase, Audio Trends will pay for shipping costs back to buyer for under warranty products. No Fault Found is charged at $40 plus all shipping costs. Click here for full warranty terms and conditions.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE