A great way to get into a high quality silver plated speaker cable for a very reasonable price. The van den Hul Clearwater has detail and clarity to spare combined with a natural appealing warmth.
With the design of The CLEARWATER, it was AJ van den Hul's intention to produce the best match between quality and price.
The decision was taken to work with 2 groups of strands with a conductor size of AWG 14; this was because in many situations the distance between the amplifier and the loudspeakers is limited.
Therefore a twin-lead construction was made with 2 x 98 strands of a dense very pure silver coated Matched Crystal (MC) OFC.
The two conductor groups are twisted in opposite directions.
The resistance of each lead is: 0.9 Ohm/100 meter.
The capacitance between the two conductors is: 17.5 pF/meter.
Sonically this cable is a great product with a very balanced overall quality. There is no harshness and the spatial reproduction is superior.
Just as its name suggests: 'The sound is as clear as water"
The cable’s jacket is made of transparent HULLIFLEX ® 3, a robust halogen free material excellently capable of shielding the copper conductors from the chemically threatening outside world.
The jacket on each lead is different in shape and the flat middle section in between has a printing on one side: both properties are easy polarity finders. Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.
The wel known UK Hi-Fi Magazine What Hi-Fi? has given Van Den Hul Clearwater a 5 Star review. Here are some of their comments.
"The jacket covering The Clearwater speaker cable has an almost jelly-like consistency, which makes the cable extremely pliable – it’s one to consider for installations.
The appeal goes up a couple of notches thanks to a balanced and involving sound.
Play Drake’s 'Started From The Bottom' and the cable helps to reveal great power and depth from bass notes and crisp, far-reaching highs. And it’s all done without sacrificing anything in the way of cohesion and integration.
There’s an impressive level of detail, dynamic clout and clarity, but this cable also allows your system’s sense of refinement and finesse to shine through."
What Hi-Fi? Verdict
"Natural-sounding vocals and plenty of layering and texture to instruments really give tracks the ability to communicate effortlessly with the listener. A cable with an impressive level of detail and dynamic clout. Recommended."
- Material: Silver Plated Copper OFC
- Product Category: Speaker Cable
- Cable Type: Twin Conductor
- Conductor Material: High purity dense Silver coated high purity matched copper OFC
- Design Purpose: Loudspeaker cable
- Conductor: 2x(1.97 mm² / ~AWG 14 / 98)
- External Diameter: 15 mm wide; 4 mm thick
- Jacket Colours: Transparent
- Resistance: 0.9 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: 17.5 pF/m
- Insulation: Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 3 / 300 Vrms min
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
- Conditions: If the product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, Audio Trends will supply a new replacement product and pay for all shipping costs. Thereafter, we will repair or supply replacement but buyer responsible for shipping costs back to Audio Trends or service agent. For a period of 12 months from date of purchase, Audio Trends will pay for shipping costs back to buyer for under warranty products. No Fault Found is charged at $40 plus all shipping costs. Click here for full warranty terms and conditions.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE