Yamaha Stereo Receivers are well known for delivering outstanding power, extended frequency response, versatility and exceptionally high-quality audio reproduction. Technically speaking, the R-S500 with proprietary ToP-ART design concepts is right up there when it comes to performance.
A Classic Design
The Yamaha RS-500 Stereo Receiver has been designed with the music listener in mind, offering inputs for all your sources. You will find the traditional knobs - but in a retro kind of style - to control volume, bass, treble and balance.
The R-S500 also has a continuously variable loudness control which can improve the depth in your favourite music particularly at low volume levels. There's also a Pure Direct mode which bypasses all unnecessary circuits like the tone circuits thus delivering the 'purest' sound possible. There's also a line-level output so you can add a Subwoofer to bring out the deep bass that most home speakers can't reproduce.
Whether you seek the perfect home audio amplifier, radio or the ability to connect an iPod dock Yamaha’s R-S500 is sure to please anyone who loves their music. It also allows you to share audio to another area of the home utilising the Zone 2 pre-outs.
For more information on this product, see our A Closer Look page.
- 75 Watts X 2 (Stereo) Into 8 Ohms (20-20,000 Hz) At 0.04% THD
- 4-Ohm Capability Allows Use With A Wide Range Of Speakers
- 40 AM/FM Presets
- 6 Audio Inputs (Including Phono)
- Input For Optional Ipod/Iphone Or Bluetooth Device:
- YDS-12, YID-W10 and YBA-10
- Record Out Selector
- Rotary Bass And Treble Controls
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Pure Direct Mode
- Bypasses Tone, Balance and Loudness Controls For Cleaner Sound
- Multibrand Remote Control
- Headphone Socket
- Front-Panel And Remote Switching For Two Pairs Of Main Speakers
- Binding Post/Banana Plug Speaker Connectors
- Sleep Timer
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 151 x 387 mm
- Weight: 10.2kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE