Vienna Acoustics loudspeakers deliver the heart and soul of the very best designs from Europe. The Mozart Grand is just so easy to enjoy with any good music.
The immediate appeal of the elegantly moving melodic lines of Mozart’s music is grounded on subtly sophisticated musical structures. Similarly, while the elegant lines of the Mozart Grand cabinets are immediately appealing, the speaker’s ability to effortlessly convey a moving musical moment is based on a foundation of subtly sophisticated design elements.
The dual 150mm X3P mid-bass drivers featured in the Mozart Concert Grand benefit from a reformulation of Vienna Acoustics’ proprietary XPP cone material and work independently to provide the ideal surface area to produce the complete range of middle and low frequencies with clarity and control. This is all going on while the 25mm silk dome tweeter delivers open and extended high frequency response. A highly efficient linear crossover marries these drivers to the high-resolution tweeter so that all frequencies are articulated with a natural balance and ease.
The elaborate spiked feet assemblies improve both the performance and appearance of this speaker worthy of its namesake.
Reviewed by The Absolute Sound Magazine
"The SE has a wide-band responsiveness, transparency, and micro-dynamic resolving power that keenly suit classical and acoustic music. Tonally it conveys a delicacy often found in narrow, small-driver, columnar speakers—only the SE adds genuine mid-30Hz bass and great midrange dynamics. Some may find its relaxed upper mids almost too pretty, lacking in forward thrust, and its bass a little thick and slow when the speaker is pushed hard. But keep in mind that the SE is designed to play at realistic levels in medium-sized and smaller rooms. A beautifully constructed and appointed floorstander with the soul and fast moves of a compact." - Absolute Sound March 2013
Our Take On The Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand
"Handcrafted enclosures in beautiful wood finishes define the Vienna Acoustics aesthetic. The Grand Series features the following selections to complement any interior: Piano Black or White, Cherry and Rosewood. The Mozart backs its European good looks up with sound that is equally as seductive. Able to drive medium to larger rooms with scale and a supreme natural clarity, the Mozarts offer a level of refinement rarely heard at this price. Whether it's a symphony orchestra (playing Mozart of course), a spot of cool jazz, techno pop or even the earthy sounds of Jimmy Barnes getting up in your face the Mozarts can handle it with ease and keep coming back for more."
Click here to read the Vienna Acoustics Profile and see some factory pictures.
- Design: 2½ Way (Lower driver tapers off with rising frequency), 3 Driver Floorstanding Bass Reflex Speaker
- Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1.1") Hand Coated Silk Dome
- Mid/Bass Driver: 1 x 150mm (6") X3P Transparent Cone
- Bass Driver: 1 x 150mm (6") X3P Transparent Spider Cone
- Our Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 Watts - 200 Watts RMS per channel
- Impedance: 4 Ohms (Nominal)
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz
- Crossover System: 2½ Way (Lower driver tapers off with rising frequency), 6dB & 12dB Bessel
- Crossover Components: MKP Capacitors 1% Tolerance; Air Coils 0.7% Tolerance, Metal Film Resistors 1% Tolerance Inductance Free
- Speaker Terminals: Binding post
- Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire Capability: No
- Bass System: Bass Reflex
- Bass Function: Impulse Optimizing QB 3 (Quasi-Butterworth)
- Cabinet Finish: High Gloss or Real Wood - Gloss Balck, Gloss White, Rosewood & Cherry
- Floor Spikes: Included
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 216 x 972 x 343mm
- Weight: 26.3kg each
- Origin: Designed & Manufactured in in Austria
- Manufacturers Warranty: 5-Years. This protects the original purchaser against manufacturing defects but not abuse.
Note: Features and Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.