From the City of Music comes Vienna Acoustics, founded by audio engineer and designer Peter Gansterer in 1989. There are over 14 different models which are borh works of art and perfect for lovers of music.
When Peter Gansterer began the process of developing the Concert Grand Series, his goal was to create a range of loudspeakers that deserved the name Concert Grand in the sense that they would have the ability to deliver musical reproduction with the scale, complexity, and power of the concert grand piano. But beyond that, the Concert Grand Series models had to provide the lucidity clarity, natural ease, and quietness that would put these moderately priced loudspeaker models in direct competition with much more expensive loudspeaker brands.
The Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand is very popular with all our staff and their customers. These not only look stylish, which is really an understatement, but have a musicality and presence rarely achieved and thus fully justifying the asking price.
Design: Obviously, scale, power and grandeur are all conferred by the name. As with all models in the Grand™ range, the composer name is selected based on the scale, complexity and power of performance for which they are best known. The term Concert Grand, like the piano of the same designation, refers to its ability to deliver this level of performance in large concert halls and listening rooms in your home. In fact here it excels, with a natural ease, clarity and quietness where only a few much more expensive designs have tread. For a large-scale home theatre, the Concert Grand delivers even the most demanding scenes with an ease that allows for deeper immersion into the film experience.
The 3-way 5-driver Concert Grand delivers far more than just power and scale. The careful listener and music lover will delight in the lucidity and clarity of the all-important mid frequency ranges where virtually all instruments find their tonic origins. A truly extraordinary product that will re-calibrate your expectations whether it be for music or movies.
Handcrafted enclosures in beautiful wood finishes define the Vienna Acoustics aesthetic. The Grand Series features the following selections to complement any interior: Piano Black, Maple, Cherry and as featured here in Rosewood.
Click here to read the Vienna Acoustics Profile and see some factory pictures.
- Design: Floor Standing, Bass Reflex
- 3 x 175mm – XPP "Spidercone" Woofers
- 1 x 150mm – X3P Cone Midrange
- 1 x 27mm – Hand-Coated VA Silk Dome Tweeter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 28Hz - 22,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Recommended Amplifiers: 50 – 300 Watts RMS
- Bass Function – Impulse Optimizing QB 3 ( Quasi-Butterworth )
- Crossover Components:
- MKP Capacitors: 1% tolerance; Coils 0.7% tolerance
- Midrange/Tweeter Section:
- Air Coils, Special Powder Coat for Bass Section
- Crossover Function: 3-Way, 6dB and 12dB Bessel
- Nett Weight per Pair: 65.3kg
- Dimension (WxHxD): 190 x 1085 x 400mm (without Spike assembly)
- Optimized aluminium spike assembly included
- Manufacturers warranty: 5-Years
Note: Specifications & Features Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.