The Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Concert Grand Symphony Edition is a 3-way design that represents the heart and soul of the Grand range. These are one of our real favourites. Sure, the price should indicate that this is a good speaker, but it really is exceptional.
Baby Grand™, like the instrument that shares its name, allows for epic concert hall performances to take place in the comfort of small to medium size listening rooms. Dynamic, open and highly musical, this 3-way design features dual 150mm X3P Spider-Cone bass drivers, a 150mm X3P midrange and a brand new 1.1” hand coated/neodymium silk dome tweeter.
The remarkably natural and transparent midrange and tweeters, coupled with two bass units, produce an outstanding balance, homogeneity, integrating both the finest highs to real deep bass. That balance extends to its industrial design, where the proportions are perfectly rendered, the robust front and rear baffles balancing out the extra depth of the cabinet to confer a sense of substance and style that are far more than skin deep.
Handcrafted enclosures in beautiful wood finishes define the Vienna Acoustics aesthetic. The Grand Series features the following selections to complement any interior: Piano Black, Maple, Cherry and Rosewood.
Completely new for the Beethoven Baby Grand are the Vienna Acoustics developed 150mm bass/midrange Spidercone drivers, used here as ULF (or Ultra Low Frequency) drivers. Beethoven Baby Grand uses two of these unique drivers, resulting in a combined surface area that allows for superior dynamics in bass reproduction, with power, speed, and detail. All bass and midrange drivers benefit from a new inverted rubber surround design and formulation that constitutes a breakthrough in no loss damping of cone edge resonances.
Click here to read the Vienna Acoustics Profile and see some factory pictures.
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 22,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 40 - 250 Watts RMS
- 2 x 150mm Woofer: X3P “Spidercone”
- 1 x 150mm Midrange: X3P
- 1 x 27mm Dome-Tweeter: Hand-Coated Neodymium Silk Dome
- Bass System: Bass Reflex
- Bass Function: Impulse Optimizing QB 3 (Quasi-Butterworth)
- Crossover Components:
- MKP Capacitors 1% tolerance
- Coils 0.7% tolerance
- Midrange/Tweeter Section
- Air Coils, Special Powder Core for Bass Section
- Metal Film Resistors 1% tolerance, Inductance Free
- Crossover Function: 3-way, 6 dB and 12 dB Bessel
- Nett Weight Each: 28kg
- Dimensions(WxHxD): 216 x 1016 x 375 mm (with bass assembly)
- Optimized aluminium spike assembly included
- Manufacturers Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Specifications & Features Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.