Ever since Stewart Filmscreen introduced the curved screen to the home theatre market, a lot of questions have been raised about just what benefits they deliver. We can look at the primary advantages; but, it helps to first understand their history, a history that spans decades.
Commercial movie theatres have been using curved screens for years. Curved screens are nothing new and certainly nothing new to Stewart who has been producing curved screens for decades for commercial theatres, studio screening rooms (including the Stag Theatre) and for flight simulators. To them, the curved screen is just another day at the office! Curved screens also help minimise "pin-cushion". If you want to know all the other benefits of a curved Stewart screen, click here to download an authorative article by senior custom installer Dennis Erskine.
Today, many Hollywood blockbusters are produced in formats such as Cinemascope where the movie is 2.35 times wider than it is high. Sure, you can watch your Blu-rays on a standard 16:9/HDTV screen, but when watching 2.35:1 aspect ratio material on a 16:9 (or more correctly 1.78:1) screen, 33% of the pixels are used to create annoying black bars, therefore reducing your image resolution.
Designed for use with an anamorphic lens, the Cine-W features a native 2.35:1 image area allowing full enjoyment when watching movies in the super-wide cinemascope format.
Available with any of Stewart’s front or rear projection materials, the Cine-W allows for a perfectly tensioned screen surface. The exclusive VeLux™ appliqué finish absorbs over-scan and also helps to increase perceived contrast. Please call to make an appointment with our Stewart experts who will help you choose the best size and material to suit your dedicated home theatre space.
- Native 2.35:1 Cinemascope image area
- Curved aluminum extrusion frame with 5” VeLux ™ border
- Choose from a variety of Stewart’s front projection screen materials
- Curvature reduces exposure to cross-reflected and side wall sources of ambient light
- Heightens viewer’s sense of immersion
- Custom radius to optimize your application
- Screen curve corrects for the pincushion geometry of anamorphic lenses
- Wall mounting brackets
Custom Options: (call us for quotation)
- Custom sizes
- Rear projection models
- Acoustic perforations on front projection models
- Aperture or hanging (eyebolts)
- Curved Aluminum Extrusion Frame - Included
- VeLux™ appliqué border (5´´) - Included
- Lace & grommet tensioning system - Included
Screen Material: Front projection - Included
Perforations: Microperf X2 THX Ultra or Cinemaperf - Optional
Mounting: Wall mount brackets - Included; Aperture - Optional
Maximum image size 81.75 x 192cm