NuForce is an innovative team who have created a great range of products to enhance our digital music experience. The NuForce Dia Integrated Amplifier fits your digital lifestyle without the complexity.
The NuForce Dia accepts audio input from your favourite consumer electronics products via its optical or coaxial digital input and converts the signal to high-quality audio using its 24bit/192kHz D/A converter. Dia's high-performance 24 Watt stereo power amplifier drives powerful, crystal-clear sound through your existing speakers for sensational audio performance from your:
- Wide screen and high-definition TVs
- Pay TV receivers and set-top boxes
- Gaming consoles
- Blu-Ray/DVD/CD players
- Media streaming devices like Airport Express and Apple TV
By performing high-quality digital-to-analogue conversion separately, Dia adds a new level of realism and exquisite detail to virtually every component you may already own—without any additional receivers or peripherals.
Configure Your Own System
With two types of digital inputs, speaker outputs, plus an output for connecting a powered subwoofer, the Dia can work in a number of different configurations. For example, by connect the Dia to the optical digital output on almost any HDTV, pay TV receiver or set-top box. Just add a pair of bookshelf speakers and a powered sub to create a space-saving 2.1 home theatre system.
You also can connect any wireless media streaming devices such as Airport Express and Apple TV to DIA and a pair of speakers to form a compact, high-performance wireless system that fills the room with sound.
Note: If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in its audio menu. This DAC is not compatible with Dolby® Digital signals.
Whatever component you want to plug in for exquisite audiophile-quality sound—without the bulky receiver—Dia translates the digital audio signal to analogue sound via high-quality 24-bit D/A converters that operate exclusively at the data's native sample rate for maximum clarity and detail. The maximum sample rate currently supported is 24-bit/192kHz.
In The News
"The Dia is a real winner...Sonically, the Dia was my favorite of the bunch, demonstrating the impact of the design changes introduced since the Icon-2. And as with the Icon-2, there are some great full-size integrated amplifiers in this price range, but few (if any) will have a built-in DAC, and none will have such a tiny footprint on your desk..." MacWorld
- Combination Desk Top Amplifier/ Digital-Analogue Convertor
- Audiophile-grade 24-bit/192kHz DAC: Delivers low noise and clarity
- Amplifier Power Output:
- 2 x 24 Watts @ 4 ohms at 1% THD+N, A-weighted
- 2 x 18 Watts @ 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz (± 1dB)
- Volume Control: High-performance, digitally-controlled
- Switching: Ultra high-speed switching frequency for high resolution
- Remote Control: Infra-Red type provides Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute and Input controls
- 3-Way Rotary Dial: Front-panel for Power On/Off, Input (source) and Volume Up/Down control
- 2 x Toslink fibre-optic inputs
- 1 x RCA coaxial digital input
- 1 x 3.5mm Line Output: Suitable for a powered subwoofer
- 2 x Speaker Outputs: Spring post connectors - suit bare wire upto 14awg
- Power: 230 Volts AC/50Hz
- Power Adaptor: Included
- Stand: Non-slip version included
- Nett Weight: 453 grams
- Shipping Weight: 2kg.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 25.4 x 152.4 x 11.43mm
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year. Full no-cost exchange for faulty unit within 30 days; thereafter repair/replacement but buyer responsible for return to Audio Trends or service agent. We will pay for return shipping costs for under warranty items. No Fault Found is charged at $20 plus all freight costs. Click here to read our Warranty & Returns Policy.
Note: Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE