Denon have never let the Home Theatre Receiver market dominate to the point that they have neglected the stereo market. The Denon DRA-500 is a very good performer at a very reasonable price and will suit those who want a good level of musicality without the frills of surround sound.
High-quality Power Amplifier
With 75 Watts of power in both channels (at 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08% THD), the DRA-500AE delivers solid, reliable audio performance even when driving both A and B speaker systems at the same time.
Superior Sound, iPod Command and Control and Room-to Room Flexibility
The DRA-500AE AM/FM receiver offers high-performance operation, functionality and affordability, all in a single unit. It includes a set PRE OUT jacks that lets you listen to music in a sub-room as well as the main room, and it supports room-to-room remote control. Denon is well known for its uncompromising approach to sound quality and the DRA-500AE is no exception thanks to the meticulous Denon-developed circuitry and the Signal Level Divided Construction (SLDC) chassis that prevents mutual interference among the circuits.
Signal Level Divided Construction Chassis Design
The circuit handling low-level signals has been divided into separate blocks to ensure that influences from these signals on each other are held to an absolute minimum. This new chassis design, known as the Signal Level Divided Construction (SLDC), preserves the purity of the signal, allowing it to be reproduced with much greater fidelity and clarity.
56-Station AM/FM Random Preset Memory Tuning
This should be plenty enough for even the most avid radio listener!
Auto Preset Memory
FM stations can be searched by the tuner, and automatically stored in the preset memory up to 56 stations, ideal for locales with many FM stations.
ASD-11R Control Dock for iPod® (option)
Supports iPod playback when connected to the DRA-500AE.
iPod (*1) playback can be enjoyed through the DRA-500AE when the ASD-11R, Denon's latest Control Dock for iPod (sold separately), is connected to the dedicated control terminal of the DRA-297. The iPod can also be controlled via the remote controller supplied with the DRA-500AE.
- Five Line Level Inputs
- Two Line Level Outputs
- Pure Direct mode - Bypasses all tone circuits for higher-quality sound
- Fast up/down manual tuning
- Last-channel-tuned memory
- Loudness Function
- Muting Function via remote controller
- A/B Speaker Switching
- Last Function Memory
Power Amplifier Section
- Rated output 75 W+75 W (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08 % THD)
- Frequency response 10Hz - 100kHz +0 dB, -3 dB (at 1W)
- Input sensitivity/impedance
- DVD/VDP, AUX, CD-R/TAPE1, MD/TAPE2, CD 200 mV/47 kohms
- Output level/Load impedance
- CD-R/TAPE1, MD/TAPE2 200 mV/47 kohms
- Tone control Treble
- Tone control Bass:
- Tuning frequency range 87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Usable sensitivity 1.0 µV (11.2 dBf)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted) Mono: 77 dB, Stereo: 72 dB
- Total harmonic distortion Mono: 0.15%, Stereo: 0.3%
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 15 kHz, +0.5, -1.5 dB
- Stereo separation 43 dB (1 kHz)
- Tuning frequency range 522 - 1611 kHz
- Usable sensitivity 18 µV
- Power supply AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- Power consumption 235 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 434 x 147 x 414mm
- Weight 9.0 kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years Parts & Labour
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.