The SoundTouch 20 III is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
The SoundTouch 20 is a medium sized component that is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. The SoundTouch 20 III wireless speaker can be used by itself in one room or paired with other Bose SoundTouch wireless speakers to create a multi-room audio system.
Custom Engineered Sound: The SoundTouch 20 III speaker employs two custom-designed transducers to produce clear mid and high frequencies, so vocals and instruments sound lifelike. Acoustic waveguide speaker technology produces full, clear stereo sound from the small enclosure by guiding air through two 60mm (2.5") folded wave guides. The SoundTouch 20 III's advanced ported enclosure helps it produce punchy bass. Pproprietary Bose® DSP (digital signal processing) keeps the performance evenly balanced, whether you crank the volume or play it at late-night bedside levels. Go ahead and compare it to any other Wi-Fi speaker this size.
The big difference between Series II and Series III is the addition of Bluetooth technology. So if you just want to stream music from your smartphone or tablet, no problem. You'll enjoy the same legendary Bose® sound from your Bluetooth-enabled portable device. And using Bluetooth lets you stream audio from any app you want. If you can play it on your device, you can hear it on your Bose® SoundTouch® system.
The Easy To Use SoundTouch™ app
What makes this product so easy to use and get going? The key is the free SoundTouch™ app from Bose®. It makes setup and control really easy. With your computer or smart device it easy to select music and operate the SoundTouch™ 30 Series II system. The app lets you choose from music services including Deezer Premium®, Pandora®, Spotify® for an almost infinite amount of online music (subscription is required for Spotify and Deezer). And if that's not enough, tune in to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world. You can use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall via the included remote control or the control buttons on top of the speaker.
Do You Need A Smartphone Or Tablet To Operate SoundTouch 20 Series 3
No. You can use a computer to explore music and personalise presets using the SoundTouch® app. And you can access your presets directly through the system's buttons and remote control, without having to use a tablet, smartphone and, once set up, a computer.
Expand In To More Rooms
Multi-room audio used to be complicated and very expensive. Not any more! Quickly and easily add more Bose® SoundTouch™ systems (up to 4) to create a wireless multi-room audio system that sounds great. You can play the same music simultaneously throughout your home or have each SoundTouch™ system play different music from a different source in different rooms - even outside in the great outdoors. Maybe not such a popular idea down south in the colder months, but great all year round for the warmer climates.
Loaded With Special Features
Of course, the free SoundTouch app can walk you through the wireless setup process, so you can start listening in just minutes. However, there is a lot more to this wireless music speaker than meets the eye.
Six Presets: You can personalise six presets to your favourite streaming music services and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums as well as songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly on the system or with the free SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. You cannot set presets for Bluetooth or the Auxilliary input.
Auxilliary Input: In addition to wireless WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, the SoundTouch 20 III is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting almost any portable audio device with a headphone jack or audio output. Your audio device plays at the connected SoundTouch 30 III speaker only and cannot be used for multiroom audio.
OLED Display: The wireless active speaker's OLED display provides source and song/station information.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides basic wireless operation of the Bose SoundTouch 30 III speaker. You are able to Power the unit on/off, adjust volume up/down, select between Bluetooth or Aux sources, or choose between the six music presets. You also get basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. You even get to rate your music (thumbs up/down) from the remote as you listen.
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB (type-A) and (type-B) connectors on the back of the speaker are for setup only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
- Design: Single component wireless music system.
- Speakers: 2 built-in.
- Connectivity: Connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening.
- Free App: The Bose SoundTouch™ app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple® or Android™ device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs.
- Online Music Services: Support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services).
- Compatibility: Connects wirelessly to other Bose® SoundTouch™ speakers to play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms at the same time.
- Presets: Six presets offer instant music playback with the press of a button on the speaker or remote.
- Display: OLED display shows song/station info and system status.
- Line Level Input: Stereo 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input for portable devices.
- USB Input: Yes.
- Ethernet Port: For connection to a wired home network.
- Setup: Player can be set up wirelessly or by using the included USB cable with a computer (USB port is for setup only).
- File Compatibility: Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files.
- Remote Control: Included.
- Power Input: 220/230V 50Hz.
- Finish: Black.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 324 x 188 x 104mm.
- Nett Weight: 3.2kgs approx.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 12 Months.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.